Find, Learn, and Deliver
the most relevant resource quickly and easily
OpenHelix searches hundreds of genomics resources, tutorial suites, and other material to deliver the most relevant resources in seconds. Search at OpenHelix saves time and effort--avoid massive generalized searches or hunting and pecking through lists of databases. With a subscription, you'll be able to access all the OpenHelix training materials delivered in search results.
how to use the resource
Save time and money with a subscription to nearly 100 OpenHelix online tutorial suites:
- you can independently, effectively and efficiently learn to use a resource.
- you and your staff can save time for your critical needs by relying on OpenHelix tutorials to provide the introductory training on resources.
- you and your institution saves time and money when teaching others by using the provided PowerPoint slides, suggested script, slide handouts, and exercises.
More efficient use of the most relevant resources means quicker and more effective research. With a subscription, you and your institution can further enable breakthrough research. You can deliver OpenHelix tutorial suites within your already existing information portal or through the OpenHelix site.
The most effective and efficient way to leverage genomics resources
- Quickly learn how to use a resource when you need it
- Have a reference and teaching resource at your fingertips
- Know you'll be using the most proven-effective training available
- Have the confidence you have the best, most updated information
- Have piece of mind you are using materials created by experts
The 30-60 minute online narrated tutorials, which run in just about any browser, highlight and explain all the features and functionality needed to start using the resource effectively. The tutorials also include a "movie," which walks the user through a sample exercise while the narrator explains and completes each step. Use the tutorial to introduce yourself to a new resource, to view new features and functionality, or simply as a reference tool to refresh your memory of the resource.
Have a reference and teaching resource at your fingertips
In addition to the tutorials, you also receive useful training materials which can save time and effort to create classroom content.
Know you'll be using the most proven-effective training available
You will get the most effective and efficient way to learn how to use genomic resources. Online learning has proven to be as effective as on-site training for genomics resources, with the added benefit of lower cost and convenient any-time access.
Have the confidence you have the best, most updated information
OpenHelix updates its tutorial suites as the resources change, and add new tutorials suites all the time.
Have piece of mind you are using materials created by experts
OpenHelix has been providing training on genomics resources for over six years. OpenHelix trainers all have PhDs in biological sciences, intimate knowledge of the resources, and have years of experience with on-site and online training. You can trust OpenHelix expertise since many of the top resource providers contract with OpenHelix to provide their outreach and training.
Invaluable access to time saving contentAn OpenHelix subscription gives you complete access to a catalog of 100 tutorial suites in a wide range of categories. The breadth and depth of the resources covered assures you'll have the tutorial suite on the resources you need to learn Each Tutorial Suite includes (see an example with one of our sponsored tutorial suites) :
- An online narrated tutorial, which runs in just about any browser, can be viewed from beginning to end or navigated using chapters and forward and backward sliders. The 30-60 minute tutorials highlight and explain all the features and functionality needed to start using the resource effectively. The tutorials also include a "movie," which walks the user through a sample exercise while the narrator explains and completes each step.
- Complete PowerPoint slide set with animations and suggested script.
- Step-by-step exercises for hands-on experience.
- PDF of slides for handouts
- Access to all new and updated tutorial suites.
- Using the OpenHelix Search function to quickly find and access the training materials you need.
- Access to hundreds of brief video tips on features and functions of bioinformatics tools with the OpenHelix blog "tip-of-the-week" feature.
- The OpenHelix Newsletter, giving you information on bioinformatics tools and resources, resource news, and updates on new and updated tutorials.
For pricing and other information on OpenHelix subscriptions, please contact Scott Lathe at firstname.lastname@example.org